Chilled for your pleasure...
Episode 7 is packed with some of my all time favorite chill-out tunes. The elusive and ultra-rare Transmitter from the Flurescence EP by Spacetime Continuum (aka Jonah Sharp) opens our podcast this week. This record was actually a birthday gift from DJ Who, who used to play the track at the beginning of his sets. He knew that I was a huge fan of the San Francisco label "Reflective Records" and with the addition of the REF001 my collection was complete. So BIG thanks to Chip, who is out there some where in the world. Next up is Double Muffled Dolphin from their release "My Left Side is Out of Sync" on April Records out of Denmark. Next, Bang! Bang! brings in some beats and funky basslines to get you moving, The Dining Rooms also drop some beats and keep the pace moving as well as producing some epic sounding synth textures.
Sounds from the Ground is one of the groups that I wish would continue making music so I'm giving them 2 tracks on this weeks podcast to get people interested in them again and hopefully see how good they really were. Migs and Rasoul give the podcast a nice soulful sound, then Blue States comes in with a very Air-ish sounding track that just grows on you over time.
Honestly, I'm not sure what to make of Seelenluft's Synchronschwimmer EP , Silvercity Bob Meets Alcapulco 11, it's a great track that will have you wondering if it's live or is it MPC? It reminds me of the first time I watched an acid jazz group play live which is also when I realized that a turntable (in the right hands!) could actually be used as an instrument, and not just something for spinning records. I was all set to hate it but... it blew me away instead.
We finish up the podcast with A Positive Life's the Calling, which is one of those tracks that has worked it's way into just about every downtempo/chill/Ibiza compilation out there, so why not one more!
Enjoy!
Dave-G
Download Episode 7 from iTunes now!

1 Comments:
Hello!, the second part in this release is amazing, just to lay in hamaca with my girlfriend and watching the sunset, it´s incredible, keep going. The best mix!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home