Back in the day...
A few (ok, more than a few) years back I used to spin records at parties, clubs and events as what's known as a chill-out DJ. Spinning records was always something I enjoyed and a big part of that was hunting for those perfect tunes and rare tracks that, when played at the right time, could be a truly moving experience for DJ and audience alike. I was pretty fortunate to be able to play on the same bill with such electronic luminaries as Mixmaster Morris, Alex Patterson (of the Orb), Jonah Sharp, Autechure, Damon Wild, Thievery Corporation, Spooky, and many more that I can't remember. Over the years I've amassed quite a collection of ambient, chill-out, downtempo, electronica, or whatever you would like to call it. I've got several thousand CDs and several more thousand records and 90% of those are imports or are from small independent electronic labels. So sit back and enjoy the tunes.
Why St. Croix? St. Croix is the epitome of chill. We have some of the finest beaches in the world, no crowds, friendly people, cheap gas, even cheaper rum and great bars and restaurants. Ibiza may have the big names and the reputation as the place to go to party, but St. Croix is the place to go if you want to really know what chilling out is all about.
I'm pretty sure I'm the only DJ down here playing anything remotely ambient, but hopefully it will catch on and all Cruzans will be able to experience a sunset soundtrack -downtempo style.
If you hear something you like, be sure to click on the "Show Artwork" button in the lower left-hand corner of the iTunes window and then be sure that "Now Playing" is showing in the bar directly above the artwork, if it's not click the tiny triangle next to the "Selected Song" bar and then you'll see the "Now Playing" bar. Click on the link shown over the artwork to purchase any tunes you like. By clicking on the link, you're supporting Podcast from Paradise.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home