Monday, September 18, 2006

...and We're Back

After a few weeks of rest and relaxation, I've put together another set of downtempo goodies for you. Actually, I wasn't resting, I lost the iTunes database ( I do a rough-draft of the podcast in itunes first) and just couldn't get motivated to do sets 6-10 all over again. I guess when your music collection spans several firewire 800 drives, you should expect things like that.

Regardless, I've got a fine set of tunes for you to enjoy this week, one of my all time faves, Bola is featured on 2 tracks, plus Dubstar, Higher Intelligence Agency, Michael Brook live playing the infinite guitar (like the one he gave to "the edge" and is featured on Where the Streets Have No Name" by U2), Pulusha (which is really Mark Pritchard of Jedi Knights and Global Communication & Kirsty Hawkshaw doing the haunting vocals), as well as super producer William Orbit, Iceland's own Gus Gus, and a rare track by Cubism from the E:mt compilation (or as it was known at the time, the highly respected EMIT releases). Plus, I've thrown in one of my favorite Peter Gabriel songs of all time, I'm just hoping that his lawyers are fans of the podcast!

Keep your ears open and keep reaching for the sand...

Dave-G

Download Episode 6 from iTunes now!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey dave,

me and my girlfriend like your podcase very much. could you do me a favour and tell me the name of the title on minute 12?

that would be awsome.
you can reach me via. mark@vjusic.net

thanks a lot
mark

10:43 AM  
Blogger dave-g said...

Hey Mark, The track is Why? by the Icelandic group, Gus Gus. They are a great bunch of folks and really know how to have a great time. I got the chance to party with them in Baltimore after their performance, what a wild night!

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home